Online education isn’t the best choice for everyone. But, many students thrive in the online education environment. Here are 10 reasons why online education continues to grow in popularity.
1. ChoiceOnline education allows students to choose from a wide variety of schools and programs not available in their area.
2. FlexibilityOnline education offers flexibility for students who have other commitments.
3. Networking OpportunitiesStudents enrolled in online education programs network with peers from all over the nation.
4. PacingMany online education programs allow pupils to work at their own pace.
5. Open SchedulingOnline education allows professionals to continue their careers while working towards a degree.
6. SavingsOnline education programs often charge less than traditional schools.
7. Lack of CommuteStudents who choose online education save on gas and commuting time.
8. ConnectionsSome online education programs connect students with top-notch professors and guest lecturers from around the world.
9. Teaching & Testing OptionsThe variety of online education programs available means that students are able to choose a learning and evaluation format that works for them.
10. EffectivenessOnline education is effective. A 2009 meta-study from the Department of Education found that students taking online courses outperformed their peers in traditional classrooms.