1. Keep a journal. Even if your class doesnt require it, keep a record of your progress. Just seeing what youve accomplished will inspire you to try harder.
2. Find a buddy. Ask a friend to take the class with you. Work together on the assignments and encourage each other through the hard parts. Youll be glad to have someone you trust cheering you on. If you dont have someone to work with, consider teaming up with another online student and comparing notes through email or an instant messenger. Just knowing someone else is working towards the same goals can be a big help.
3. Compete against yourself. If you cant find a friend to compete against, try to beat your own best record. Trying to beat yourself will ensure that you dont get too lazy with your workout.
4. Visit a local gym. Take a trip to the nearest YMCA every once and a while to test your new endurance on their machines. Youll be glad for a break and, if youve been sticking with the program, are likely to be happy with the results.
5. Frequent the message boards. If your class has a message board, take advantage of it. Chat with your instructor and peers about your progress and learn from their experience. If you dont have access to a course board, check out general exercise and fitness boards on the internet. Find people who are passionate about exercise and cross your fingers that its contagious.