How to Choose an Online College and Succeed in Your Virtual Studies
- Choosing an Online College
- Online College Accreditation
- Types of Online Degrees
- Online College Profiles
Choosing an Online College
Choosing a virtual college can be tough. When researching schools, use these articles to help you ask the right questions.
- Is Distance Learning Right for You?
- 16 Tough Questions to Ask Online Schools
- How to Compare Online Colleges
- Avoiding Fake Schools
- Researching Online Schools
Online College Accreditation
Proper accreditation can mean the difference between a well-regarded degree and a "diploma mill degree" that's not worth the paper it's printed on. These links will help you identify the difference between a reputable school and a fraud.
- Online School Accreditation Basics
- Regional Accreditation
- DETC Accreditation (National Accreditation)
- What You Need to Know About Diploma Mills
- Check Any Online School's Accreditation Status
Types of Online Degrees
Different degrees require different levels of dedication. Check out these articles to learn the basics of starting an online associates, bachelors, masters, doctoral, or certificate program.
Online College Profiles
Some online colleges stick to strict deadlines; others let students work at their own pace. Some virtual schools have open-door admissions policies; others require prospective students to meet difficult requirements. Check out this growing list of online college profiles to find essential school information such as degree programs, admission requirements, and tuition charges.
- Thomas Edison State College
- Drexel Online University
- University of Massachusetts Online
- Northcentral University
- Online Azusa Pacific University
- Western Governors University
- National University
- Charter Oak State College
- Ashford University
- AIU Online
- Benedictine University Online
- Fort Hays State University Virtual College
- Colorado Technical University Online
- Capella University Online
- California University of Pennsylvania Global Online
- More Online College Profiles
Online College Admissions
Once you've chosen a school, it's time to apply. Use these resources to master your application essays, exams, reference letters, and resumes.
- How to Be the Ideal Applicant
- Write an Online College Admissions Essay
- Request Recommendation Letters
- Undergraduate Admissions Tests
Funding Your Education
Online students have more financial options than ever. Check out these articles to learn more about student loans, grants, scholarships, and tuition assistance programs.
- Types of Financial Aid
- Federal Student Loans for Online College Students
- Scholarships for Distance Learners
- How to Convince Your Employer to Pay for Your Education
- Distance Learning Cost Chart
- Tax Breaks for Students
Online College Success Tips
It can be difficult balancing online classes with employment and family life. Use these resources to study smart and find school / life balance.
- How to Earn Your Online Degree Faster
- 7 Mistakes Online Learners Make
- 10 Most Important Things You Can Do During Your First Week in an Online Class