From the article: 5 Ways to Stay Motivated
Self-discipline is an essential characteristic of online college students. But, not everyone is able to stay on track without the face-to-face motivation offered in a traditional college setting. How do you stick to your studies as an online college student? Share your tips and see what other students have to say. Share Your Tips
Discuss What's Learned
- It is always helpful to discuss what you are learning with others in your daily life. They may have helpful input and just talking about what you learned helps it to stay in your mind better.
- —Guest mercedez b
- Never procrastinate, whatever you do. Get those assinments done as quickly and correctly as you can. You never know what kind of ball every day life may throw at you that can cause you to fall behind. Work through any frustrations you may have with a topic in the class. Keep at it and overcome the difficulty. Seek an online tutor if need be.
- —Guest David O.
- Always participate in discussion giving your opinion or reply to others opinion so that you engage yourself as you do in FB.
- —Guest Roop Pradhan
Finish What You Start
- It was hard with my two year program at first. I used a few different motivations- I like to learn, I need the challenge, and I look at my progress - I am almost done now, and that it my motivation. I only have three classes left, and two classes will be when I start my student teaching. My motivation now- finish what you start.
- —Guest Amy
Focus on the Challenge
- I realized it was a challenge and that challenge is what motivates me. I am a former basketball player and facing new challenges has been part of my career. I'm really enjoying it.
- —Guest Vania Hernandes
Don't Let Yourself Fall Behind
- I stay motivated for classes by doing keeping up with assignments and reading the lessons thoroughly.
- —Guest Cindy Reno